This article is about the second Baron Zemo, Helmut Zemo. For his father, see Heinrich Zemo.
Baron Helmut Zemo, the 13th Baron Zemo
Bạn đang xem: baron zemo marvel là ai
|Created by||Roy Thomas |
|Team affiliations||Commission on Superhuman Activities|
Masters of Evil
|Notable aliases||Baron Zemo, Citizen V, Phoenix, Iron Cross, Mark Evanier|
Helmut Zemo is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most commonly as an adversary of the superhero Captain America and the Avengers. He is the son of Baron Heinrich Zemo and the thirteenth Baron Zemo in his family lineage. The character first appeared in Captain America #168 (Dec. 1973) and was created by Roy Thomas, Tony Isabella and Sal Buscema.
Daniel Brühl portrays the character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, appearing in the film Captain America: Civil War (2016) and the Disney+ series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021). In 2009, Helmut Zemo was ranked as IGN's 40th Greatest Comic Book Villain of All Time.
Fictional character biography
In the comics, Helmut Zemo (aka the 13th Baron Zemo) is Heinrich Zemo's son, born in Leipzig, Germany. Helmut was originally an engineer until he became enraged when reading a report about the return of Captain America and his father's death. Helmut would ultimately follow in his father's footsteps, using his family's money and his own scientific know-how lớn recreate his father's work.
Helmut first surfaced under the alias of the Phoenix, and captured Captain America lớn get revenge upon him for the death of his father. He was presumed deceased when he fell into a vat of boiling, specially-treated Adhesive X (a chemical created by his father Heinrich, which was a universal adhesive and was practically indissolvable). In a battle with Captain America, spilt Adhesive X permanently attached Heinrich's hood lớn his face, preventing him from ever removing it; in a dramatic echo, Helmut's face was hideously scarred by the boiling Adhesive X, giving his face the appearance of molten wax.
He resurfaced years later in the comics as Baron Zemo, first allied with Arnim Zola's mutates. He allied with Primus I and the half-rat/half human mutate Vermin, and kidnapped Captain America's childhood friend Arnie Roth in order lớn lure Captain America into a trap. He forced the Captain lớn battle hordes of mutates before revealing that he knew Captain America's secret identity.
Zemo later encountered Mother Superior and the Red Skull. Zemo underwent tutelage by Mother Superior and Red Skull, and then kidnapped Captain America's friend David Cox and brainwashed him lớn battle Captain America. Zemo then kidnapped Roth again, and directed a shared mental reenactment of Heinrich Zemo's last World War II encounter with Captain America. Zemo then battled Mother Superior, but was psychically overpowered.
Most notably, he formed a new incarnation of the Masters of Evil. This fourth Masters of Evil was formed lớn strike at Captain America through the Avengers; they invaded and occupied Avengers Mansion and crippled Hercules and the Avengers' butler Edwin Jarvis. Zemo captured Captain America and the Black Knight. Zemo battled Captain America, but fell off the mansion roof.
Zemo later hired Batroc's Brigade and psychic detective Tristram Micawber lớn help him locate the five fragments of the Bloodstone in hopes of restoring his father lớn life. Fighting Captain America and Diamondback, Zemo's plan backfired, as he instead turned his father's corpse into a vessel for the demonic forces that lurk inside of the Bloodstone. The reanimated corpse was destroyed by Crossbones (who sought lớn steal the Bloodstone for Red Skull) and a distraught Zemo fell down an inactive volcano in nhật bản trying lớn retrieve it.
Zemo survived the fall, though his right hand (which was not protected by a glove) was horrifically burnt and mangled. Driven insane by the destruction of his father's toàn thân, Helmut took control of an army of mutates and tried lớn re-enslave Vermin. He was defeated by Spider-Man and Vermin was freed.
Broken and beaten, Zemo was taken in by a female scientist calling herself "the Baroness", who modeled herself after Heinrich. The two married and began kidnapping abused, neglected children lớn serve as their children. Zemo's sanity returned and he even created a new realistic face mask lớn hide his disfigured face from his adopted children, whom he nurtured and swore lớn protect from those who might return them lớn their abusive foster homes. The couple's peaceful life was ultimately shattered when Captain America discovered their trang chủ, while searching for the evil super-scientist Superia. Superia and the Baroness (who revealed that she had pretended lớn be Heinrich Zemo reborn in a clone toàn thân during a fight with Silver Sable and Spider-Man) mocked Helmut and his newfound domestic househusband status as they plotted lớn kill him. Zemo turned on his wife and Superia, before turning his attention lớn dropping Captain America into a vat of Adhesive X. The plan failed and Zemo (now wearing his trademark hood) fell into the container instead, with the Baroness (hoping lớn curry favor with her husband), falling in after him. The two were rescued by Captain America and Helmut bemoaned that lượt thích his father, his face now was permanently hidden by his mask. Captain America responded by revealing that the Avengers had since found a way lớn dissolve Adhesive X and would use it lớn miễn phí Zemo from his costume and hood, a fact that drove him further into a rage due lớn Captain America never offering lớn share this adhesive remover with his father.
Zemo ultimately escaped prison, though his wife the Baroness died shortly after being sentenced lớn prison for her role in the abduction of the children they were raising. During this time, Zemo discovered that Goliath was imprisoned in the Microverse and formed a new version of Masters of Evil lớn miễn phí Goliath. But after rescuing Goliath, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four disappeared during the Onslaught crisis and were presumed dead. After overhearing the Beetle (Abe Jenkins) and Goliath talk about who would replace the Avengers and The Fantastic Four, a distraught Zemo soon found a new purpose for his team: the Masters of Evil would take on new heroic identities as the Thunderbolts. Zemo would lead the group under the alias Citizen V (a twist of irony as Heinrich Zemo had killed the original Citizen V during World War II) and planned lớn have the Thunderbolts gain the world's trust in order lớn conquer it. The public took a liking lớn the team much more quickly phàn nàn Zemo, or any of the other Thunderbolts, expected and soon most of them came lớn lượt thích the feeling of being heroes.
When the missing heroes returned, Zemo had the Thunderbolts' true identities leaked, forcing them lớn flee with him into deep space lớn assist his plan lớn conquer the world through mind control. However, most of the Thunderbolts rebelled and with the assistance of Iron Man foiled Zemo's plan. Zemo went into hiding and plotted revenge on his former teammates (who were trying lớn win back the public's trust by being true heroes). After another of Zemo's plans was foiled by Captain America and a new Citizen V (Dallas Riordan), Helmut was killed by the new Scourge of the Underworld, though his mind was transferred via bio-modem technology into the comatose toàn thân of John Watkins III.[volume & issue needed] Now in possession of Watkins' toàn thân, Zemo again played the Citizen V role, this time as a thành viên of the V-Battalion, until the Thunderbolts' final battle with Graviton, during which his consciousness was removed from Watkins' toàn thân and transferred, in electronic size, into his ally Fixer's mechanical "tech-pack".[volume & issue needed]
On the artificial world Counter-Earth - the same world lớn which the Avengers and The Fantastic Four had previously vanished - the Thunderbolts encountered Zemo's counterpart, Iron Cross, in that world.[volume & issue needed] Fixer transferred Zemo's mind into his double's unmutilated toàn thân.[volume & issue needed] Zemo then took up leadership of the Thunderbolts who were on Counter-Earth;[volume & issue needed] when this group was reunited with their teammates who had remained on the normal Marvel Universe Earth,[volume & issue needed] Hawkeye briefly resumed leadership,[volume & issue needed] but then left the team lớn return lớn the Avengers.[volume & issue needed]
For a while Zemo remained the leader of the Thunderbolts.[volume & issue needed] In 2004's "Avengers/Thunderbolts" limited series, he attempted lớn take over the world again — this time with the belief that he could save the world by taking it over.[volume & issue needed] Zemo now seems lớn be motivated by a twisted altruism rather phàn nàn his original selfish desires; he feels he has grown beyond his father in that regard.[volume & issue needed] However, the Avengers foiled his scheme, his teammate Moonstone went berserk, Zemo's new toàn thân was blasted while he attempted lớn protect Captain America, and he left the team and went into hiding after obtaining Moonstone's twin alien gems, two artifacts of great power.[volume & issue needed]
Zemo had been manipulating the United States government, the New Thunderbolts, the Purple Man, the Squadron Sinister, and a host of other relatively obscure Marvel characters.[volume & issue needed] His goals are unknown, but he is clearly still motivated by a desire lớn save the world by taking it over, or at least manipulating it towards what he perceives as a beneficial future. Zemo has also, apparently through trial and error, learned how lớn use the power of the moonstones in various ways, from simply generating raw energy, lớn transporting himself and others through time, space, and dimensions, lớn viewing possible future events through dimensional rifts—and, apparently, lớn repair his damaged face (or, at least lớn create the illusion that it was undamaged).[volume & issue needed] He has also recruited members of both his original and subsequent incarnations of the Thunderbolts lớn his cause, as well as eventually bringing the current team of Thunderbolts around lớn joining him.[volume & issue needed] The group resides in what Zemo calls his "Folding Castle", a structure that he has connected lớn various other places around the world by dimensional portals.[volume & issue needed]
As a result of The Civil War storyline, Iron Man asked Zemo lớn begin recruiting villains lớn his cause, which Zemo had already been doing, unknown lớn Iron Man. However, he met up with Captain America and informed him that he really had reformed. He showed Captain America his face, once again scarred, lớn remind him of his earlier sacrifice, and gave him a key that would allow him lớn escape from the super-human prison being constructed if Captain America would allow his Thunderbolts lớn fight the Squadron Sinister.[volume & issue needed] He also gave Captain America all his old mementos, destroyed by Zemo in 'Avengers Under Siege', which he had gone back in time and rescued with the help of the Moonstones. Finally, Captain America agreed.[volume & issue needed]
Zemo was always told as a child that he was superior, he now believes his father's Nazi ideals lớn be untrue, and that the only way lớn become superior is through righteousness. After helping Captain America, he remarked lớn his father's portrait that the man would be displeased with today's good deeds. Zemo—once again wearing his unscarred face—then revealed that Songbird was going lớn betray him and he was going lớn sacrifice himself in their upcoming battle with the Squadron Sinister. He told her that he would not die, but that he would become superior through his sacrifice "by living forever".[volume & issue needed]
Zemo revealed his true nature when he saved the Wellspring of Power from the Grandmaster planning lớn use it for his own ends. Believing that all of his visions were subject lớn the flow of time, and that nothing was phối in stone, Zemo defeated the Grandmaster, and boasted lớn his teammates that the power was now all his—and theirs. He insisted that he would use it lớn help the world, despite the consequences of doing sánh. Songbird, having temporarily lost her own powers during the final battle, was told by Zemo "...now is when your betrayal would have come". However, the vision of Songbird's betrayal turned out lớn be true after all. Using a simple opera note lớn crack the moonstones, Songbird sent Zemo into a whirlwind of cosmic space/time. Just before he was completely sucked into the vacuum, he screamed out that he "would never have hurt a world he worked sánh hard lớn save".[volume & issue needed]
The limited series Thunderbolts Presents: Zemo - Born Better (2007), written by Fabian Nicieza and drawn by Tom Grummett, explores the history of the Zemo barony. Helmut, sucked into the vacuum, wakes up in medieval Germany (1503), witnessing Harbin Zemo's death and his succession, while in the present academic Wendell Volker and Reed Richards deduce that Helmut has traveled in time. Captured and taken prisoner as a leper, Helmut manages lớn inspire Harbin's twelve-year-old grandson Heller Zemo lớn kill his own father Hademar Zemo and fulfill his destiny as the third (and most enlightened and progressive) Baron Zemo. Heller goes lớn the hidden cell lớn miễn phí his "muse", discovering that Helmut has somehow disappeared. Helmut makes a jump lớn 1556 where he fights alongside Heller's son Herbert Zemo, then later jumps lớn 1640 where he slays Herbert's son Helmuth Zemo, and later arrives in 1710 where he narrowly escapes being killed by Helmuth's son Hackett Zemo.[volume & issue needed]
Meanwhile, in the present, Volker reveals that the Zemo bloodline is not just limited lớn Helmut's immediate family. In fact, Harbin's descendants are spread out all over the world. Wendell visits Miss Klein, a descendant of a bastard child of Hilliard Zemo, the eighth Baron Zemo and Jewish lover Elsbeth Kleinenshvitz. Hilliard becomes baron after the death of his father Hartwig Zemo in the Seven Years' War. In the past Helmut sees Hilliard and Elsbeth in love, realizing that the residual energy of the Moonstone is drawing him into the present, but forcing him lớn stop and live every key moment of Zemo's lineage. Helmut manages lớn save Elsbeth, who is sentenced lớn die by the Diet because of her Jewish ancestry and her wealthy family, but in the present Volker kills her distant descendant, convinced that his actions can pull Helmut lớn his proper place in the time stream.[volume & issue needed]
Xem thêm: nguyễn quốc vũ chồng di băng la ai
Helmut next ends up in 1879 where he stays for several weeks working his way up lớn be part of the travelling guard of Hobart Zemo, the tenth Baron Zemo. Hobart is killed during a civilian uprising shortly after German Emperor William passes legislation lớn curb the Socialist các buổi party. Helmut jumps forward in time before he can save his own great-grandfather. Helmut arrives during World War I in a battle between British forces led by the original Union Jack and German forces led by his own grandfather Baron Herman Zemo, the eleventh Baron Zemo. Helmut witnesses Herman's men slaughter the majority of the British forces with mustard gas. Later, Helmut goes with Herman and his men lớn find Castle Zemo reduced lớn rubble by the war. Helmut travels forward in time again lớn his father's tenure as a Nazi during World War II.[volume & issue needed]
Back in the present, Volker discovers that Castle Zemo has been restored in the present. Wendell tours the castle with a local German police man and Interpol agent Herr Fleischtung, Wendell murders both men. Wendell has apparently murdered several Zemo relations in the belief that this spilling of Zemo blood would bring Helmut back lớn the present.[volume & issue needed]
After battling his own father in the past, giving him the inspiration lớn take up the Zemo mantle, Helmut returns lớn the present and manages lớn convince Wendell not lớn kill him as well, instead taking what is discovered lớn be his cousin under his wing, as he sets out lớn vì thế something new for the world.[volume & issue needed]
Following the events of The Siege crossover as seen in the Heroic Age storyline, Luke Cage assumes control over the Thunderbolts and has Fixer impersonate Zemo as a test lớn see which of his new teammates would betray the team if offered a chance lớn escape. Later on, it was revealed that Fixer was keeping in secret liên hệ with Zemo while working on the Raft. During the Fear Itself sự kiện, Zemo gave Fixer key info on the mutant army threatening Chicago.[volume & issue needed]
Having spent his time on the sidelines, watching Norman Osborn's rise lớn power with the intent of waiting lớn see what Norman would vì thế with control over the Thunderbolts and later S.H.I.E.L.D., Zemo reappeared following the events of the Siege when Osborn was ultimately defeated by The Avengers. A chance encounter at the Thunderbolts' former base in Colorado with the Ghost led lớn him learning Bucky Barnes was the current iteration of Captain America. Zemo confronted his rival and discovered how the man had survived his father's death trap only lớn become the Winter Soldier, a trained Soviet assassin who killed scores of people for several Russian handlers. But most alarming was the fact that Zemo discovered the original Captain America had not only forgiven his successor for the crimes, but had actively covered them up even after Winter Soldier blew up a huge chunk of Thành Phố New York, killing several dozen S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in order lớn restore power lớn a Cosmic Cube fragment.
Zemo recruited Jurgen "Iron-Handed" Hauptmann (of Red Skull's Exiles), as well as Fixer and a new female version of Beetle lớn expose the current Captain America's sins lớn the world. This included drugging Bucky with nanites that caused Captain America lớn behave irrationally and attack police officers and leaking lớn the truyền thông, not only detailed files revealing Winter Soldier's acts of terrorism committed as a mind-controlled pawn of the Russians, but đoạn Clip footage as well of him being trained by handlers. Zemo ultimately kidnapped Bucky and took his father's victim lớn Heinrich's island which is where Bucky's original "death" occurred. There Zemo confessed that he did what he did, not out of a desire lớn finish the job his father started, but out of jealousy over how Captain America and his allies quickly forgave Bucky for his crimes, yet continue lớn scorn the reformed Helmut who had saved the world on numerous occasions. Zemo then forced Bucky into a similar deathtrap as the one his father put Bucky in, modified though in order lớn allow Bucky a chance lớn escape. Zemo then escaped from the island unharmed.
Zemo has since turned his eye towards Hawkeye, who he blames for usurping control over the Thunderbolts from him. Zemo makes a khuyến mãi with Hawkeye's former mentor Trick Shot (whose cancer had returned) lớn train Zemo's mystery acquaintance lớn become a master archer in exchange for medical care. When the training was complete, Zemo reneged on the khuyến mãi. Trick Shot (on the brink of death) was delivered lớn Avengers Tower lớn serve as a message lớn Hawkeye. Before he died in his former pupil's arms, Trick Shot warns Hawkeye of the threat he will soon face.
In the pages of Avengers Undercover, Zemo has become the new leader of The Shadow Council's Masters of Evil following the death of Max Fury.
Zemo later becomes the new leader of HYDRA and enters into conflict with Sam Wilson, the new Captain America. Using the toxic blood of an Inhuman boy named Lucas, Zemo plans lớn sterilize the human race and distribute a cure lớn only a small portion of those infected, thus forcibly solving the planet's problems with overpopulation and lack of resources. He later kills Ian Rogers, the new Nomad and Captain America's partner, by slashing his throat and sends a photo lớn Steve Rogers. He later fights Wilson lớn a standstill until Lucas escapes via jet plane lớn spread his blood in the world.
During the Avengers: Standoff! storyline, Zemo appears as a prisoner of the S.H.I.E.L.D. established gated community called Pleasant Hill where the technology Kobik that was derived from the Cosmic Cube turned him into an amnesiac man named Jim who later discovered that Pleasant Hill is surrounded by a forcefield. He briefly witnessed an eerie girl bring a bird back lớn life until she is taken away by some adults. Then he encounters a mechanic named Phil who arranges a meet-up following his arson activity. On Day 40, Jim met Phil who had created a device that enabled people lớn return lớn their true selves. Phil also stole a training đoạn Clip where Mayor Maria Hill gave a đoạn Clip tour of Pleasant Hill describing lớn the S.H.I.E.L.D. cadets watching this lớn be the future of supervillain incarceration where they are turned into mild-mannered civilians using reality-warping technology derived from the Cosmic Cube called "Kobik". A demonstration was shown when Graviton was turned into a Pleasant Hill inhabitant named Howie Howardson. As Phil uses the device on himself and Jim lớn restore their true selves, Jim was restored back lớn Zemo while Phil was Fixer once again. Both of them vow lớn use the device on the other brainwashed supervillain prisoners and reduce Pleasant Hill lớn dust. Zemo and Fixer started working on restoring the memories of the inmates one by one. Then Zemo led a coordinated assault on a S.H.I.E.L.D. outpost that serves as the Pleasant Hill City Hall. After Kraven the Hunter captures Kobik, he loads her into Fixer's machine where Baron Zemo plans lớn control Kobik. During the Avengers' fight with Baron Zemo's villain allies, both Zemo and Erik Selvig tried lớn get Kobik lớn come with them. Kobik ended up teleporting Zemo and Selvig away from Pleasant Hill. They were last seen in the Himalayas trying lớn make their way back lớn civilization. Zemo brings Selvig with him as he's crucial lớn his next plan.
After leaving the Himalayas, Zemo begins lớn size his "New Masters" group, he starts by recruiting Firebrand, Flying Tiger, and Plantman II. They later encounter Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, Free Spirit and Jack Flag. Zemo then tries lớn escape with Doctor Selvig until Captain America enters his plane. Before he could kill Steve Rogers, Zemo is defeated by Jack Flag. After Rogers pushes Jack Flag out of the plane, he makes the plane crash into a building lớn kill Doctor Selvig and Zemo. However, it is later revealed that Rogers kept Zemo in a cell. Rogers then manages lớn convince Zemo that they were best friends since childhood, since Rogers's reality was rewritten by Kobik lớn believe he has been a Hydra double agent since childhood, and recruits him in his mission lớn kill the Red Skull. Zemo then starts lớn recruit all the supervillains who escaped from Pleasant Hill.
After Rogers kills the Red Skull's clone in his mansion during the "Opening Salvo" part of the "Secret Empire" storyline, Zemo arrives with his larger team of supervillains that he formed on Rogers' behalf called the Army of Evil. After the Army of Evil disappears after attacking Manhattan, Helmut Zemo uses the Darkhold lớn enhanced a brainwashed Blackout into covering Manhattan in a Darkforce dome while trapping the heroes there. During the Underground's battle with HYDRA in Washington DC, Zemo goes lớn awaken the Army of Evil from their stasis as Winter Soldier arrives in time lớn miễn phí Black Panther. Both of them apprehend Zemo before he can awaken the Army of Evil.
Helmut Zemo leads HYDRA into occupying Bagalia. In his shared plot with Dario Agger and Roxxon Energy Corporation lớn have the United Nations recognize Bagalia as an independent nation, Helmut Zemo selects Mandarin as the public face for Bagalia where Mandarin uses the alias of Tem Borjigen. As part of his revenge on HYDRA for manipulating him, Punisher finds Mandarin making a speech at the United Nations and fires a special bullet. After using his rings lớn slow down the bullet while trying lớn deflect it, Mandarin is struck in the head with the bullet which is witnessed by Baron Zemo and anyone watching his speech.
Powers and abilities
Helmut Zemo is a gifted genius with certain scientific knowledge, excellent marksmanship, and impressive training in unarmed combat. He is also a highly accomplished leader and strategist. His headband has built-in circuitry designed lớn disrupt psychic powers. He carries various rifles and sometimes, a handheld spray gun for Adhesive X, the most powerful bonding agent ever invented. Like his father, Helmut does not grow old. The Moonstones grant him a wide array of abilities, including gravity, light, or molecular manipulation, superhuman strength and durability, as well as flight.
- In 2018, ComicBook.com included Baron Zemo in their "7 Great Villains for Black Panther 2" list.
- In 2020, CBR.com ranked Helmut Zemo 8th in their "Marvel: Ranking Black Panther's Rogues Gallery" list.
- In 2021, Screen Rant included Helmut Zemo in their "10 Best Marvel Legacy Villains Who Lived Up To Their Predecessor" list.
- In 2022, Screen Rant included Baron Zemo in their "15 Most Powerful Black Panther Villains" list.
In the Marvel Zombies limited series, a zombified Baron Helmut Zemo and his Thunderbolts attack Thor before he receives aid from Nova.[volume & issue needed]
Helmut Zemo appears in the MC2 universe in an alternate reality in which Red Skull and the Nazis had successfully conquered the Earth. This version is a scientific advisor lớn Red Skull's successor, Victor Von Doom and Reed Richards. After Doom's demise at the hands of Crimson Curse, Richards and Zemo fight lớn become his successor.
In the Ultimate Marvel universe, Loki disguises himself as Baron Zemo while leading Third Reich soldiers and Ice Giants in an attack on Asgard during World War II. In the present, Loki's elderly second-in-command Helmutt Zemo uses the Norn Stones lớn summon the god of mischief lớn his time. After escaping The Room With No Doors, Loki murders Zemo.
In Deadpool MAX, a heavily altered version of Baron Helmut Zemo appears in the first storyline. This version of the character is an American white supremacist who claims lớn have descended from German nobility despite having come from a working-class trang chủ. He fosters a hatred of minorities due lớn his father having had an affair with a đen sạm woman as well as the irrational belief that Jewish doctors killed his mother with poisoned water. He finds a survivalist retreat dubbed "Whiteland" and plans lớn use sarin gas on his followers lớn incite a race war across the United States. However, his plans are foiled when Deadpool infiltrates the compound and accuses Zemo of possessing Jewish ancestry, which distracts Zemo's henchmen long enough for Deadpool lớn kill them and Zemo.
Xem thêm: phương ly anh là ai lời bài hát
Old Man Logan
In the Old Man Logan universe, Helmut Zemo is responsible for the deaths of most of the Avengers after turning the Thunderbolts against them. He only leaves Hawkeye alive out of spite for taking the Thunderbolts from him lớn begin with. Decades later, Hawkeye goes on a revenge killing spree against all the Thunderbolts for their betrayal. When he confronts Zemo in the Weapon X facility, he finds the villain in a wheelchair as Zemo had developed ALS while also working on recreating the Super Soldier Serum. While Hawkeye initially planned lớn leave Zemo humiliated in his condition, he instead decides lớn shoot dozens of arrows into Zemo using the last of his sight.
In other media
- Baron Helmut Zemo appears in The Avengers: United They Stand episode "Command Decision", voiced by Phillip Shepherd. This version is the leader of the Masters of Evil.
- Baron Helmut Zemo and his Citizen V identity appear in Avengers Assemble, voiced by David Kaye. This version is the son of Heinrich Zemo and a high-ranking operative of Hydra. Introduced in the episode "Saving Captain Rogers", he manipulates Captain America into helping him retrieve Heinrich's super-soldier serums as his own formula was imperfect. Helmut successfully uses one lớn rejuvenate himself with superhuman strength and tốc độ, but is defeated by Captain America, Iron Man, and Black Widow, and disappears into the ocean while trying lớn retrieve the second one. After resurfacing in the episode "Under Siege" with the Masters of Evil, they return in the episodes "The Thunderbolts" and "Thunderbolts Revealed" as the eponymous superhero team, with Zemo disguised as Citizen V. While fighting various supervillains alongside the Avengers, Zemo initiates an elaborate scheme lớn kill them. After his allies begin lớn embrace being the Thunderbolts, Zemo seemingly kills them and the Avengers before issuing a public statement as Citizen V claiming they had perished, only for the two teams lớn return and expose his true identity. In the episode "The Zemo Sanction", the Black Panther initially suspects Helmut of working with the Shadow Council and confronts him. However, Helmut reveals he intends lớn destroy the Council in the hopes of saving his legacy and joins forces with the Black Panther lớn vì thế sánh. Over the course of the next several episodes, he gains the Wakandan royals' trust and proves his integrity lớn Captain America while secretly working lớn seize the Wakandan crown and three Wakandan relics before the Council does. In the episode "Descent of the Shadow", Zemo betrays the Avengers and takes the crown, not realizing it is fatal lớn anyone who wears it outside of Wakanda and without Vibranium. After the crown is removed, Madame Masque and Erik Killmonger condemn him for his betrayal by throwing him off a bridge and leaving him lớn drown.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Daniel Brühl portrays a heavily modified incarnation of Helmut Zemo in truyền thông phối in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). This version is a Baron of Sokovia and former special operations soldier who seeks revenge against the Avengers for the death of his family at the hands of Ultron, who was created by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner.
- Zemo first appears in the film Captain America: Civil War (2016). In pursuit of his goal lớn fracture the Avengers and potentially get them lớn kill each other, he tracks down retired Hydra agents and frames Bucky Barnes for a bombing at the United Nations that killed King T'Chaka of Wakanda. After Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson bring in Barnes, Zemo disguises himself as the psychiatrist sent lớn evaluate Barnes while his accomplices cause a power outage, during which Zemo uses Hydra information he obtained lớn reactivate Barnes' brainwashing and phối him on the Avengers. In the confrontation, Zemo hints lớn Rogers that he wants lớn "see an empire fall", which leads Rogers, Wilson and Barnes lớn believe Zemo intends lớn awaken five sleeping Winter Soldiers at a Siberian Hydra base and use them lớn take over the world. Once Zemo, Rogers, Barnes, and Stark reach the base however, they learn Zemo killed the Winter Soldiers and shows them an old security tape that reveals Barnes was responsible for murdering Stark's parents years ago, which Rogers kept from Stark. As the Avengers fight each other, Zemo retreats and attempts suicide, believing his mission is complete. However, T'Chaka's son T'Challa, who sought lớn avenge his father's death, stops Zemo and takes him lớn the authorities.
- Zemo subsequently appears in the miniseries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021). In the episode "Power Broker", Barnes breaks Zemo out of prison lớn help him and Wilson stop the Flag Smashers. Over the course of the episodes "The Whole World Is Watching" and "Truth", Zemo destroys several vials of recreated Super Soldier Serum and kills their creator, Dr. Wilfred Nagel, before the Dora Milaje eventually capture and send him lớn the Raft. In the series finale "One World, One People", following the Flag Smashers' defeat and capture, Zemo arranges their murder lớn minimize the chance of their Super Soldier enhancements being reproduced.
- Baron Helmut Zemo appears as a quấn in the PlayStation, PC, trò chơi Boy, and Sega trò chơi Gear versions of Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal.
- Baron Helmut Zemo appears as a quấn in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
- Baron Helmut Zemo appears as a playable character in Marvel Avengers Academy.
- Baron Helmut Zemo and his Citizen V alias appear as separate downloadable playable characters in Lego Marvel's Avengers, both voiced by Robin Atkin Downes. They appear via the "Masters of Evil" and "Thunderbolts" DLC packs respectively.
- Baron Helmut Zemo appears as a playable character in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.
- Baron Helmut Zemo appears as a subscription-exclusive playable character in Marvel: Future Fight via the Secret Empire update.
- Baron Helmut Zemo appears as a playable character in Marvel Strike Force.
Baron Helmut Zemo has received several action figures in Hasbro's Marvel Legends line.
- ^ "Captain America: Civil War Concept Art Gives Baron Zemo A Massive Sword". Movies. 30 July 2020. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ Bezanidis, Michael (2020-08-01). "'Captain America: Civil War': Zemo Gets A Mask In New Concept Art". Heroic Hollywood. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ "With The Alienist, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and The King's Man, Daniel Brühl Has a Very Busy 2020". 23 July 2019. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ Baron Zemo II is number 40 , IGN.
- ^ DeFalco, Tom; Sanderson, Peter; Brevoort, Tom; Teitelbaum, Michael; Wallace, Daniel; Darling, Andrew; Forbeck, Matt; Cowsill, Alan; Bray, Adam (2019). The Marvel Encyclopedia. DK Publishing. p. 43. ISBN 978-1-4654-7890-0.
- ^ The Avengers #6
- ^ Captain America #168. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #275-278. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #290. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #293-294. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #295-297. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #299. Marvel Comics.
- ^ The Avengers #273-277. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #357-362. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts Annual 1997. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts #10-11. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts #11-12. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts #14. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America/Citizen V 1998 Annual. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts #39. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Citizen V and the V-Battalion #1-3. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts #103. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Thunderbolts #144-145
- ^ Captain America #606. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #608. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #608-612. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America #609-612. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Hawkeye: Blindspot #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Avengers Undercover #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ All-New Captain America #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ All-New Captain America #2
- ^ All-New Captain America #4. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Avengers Standoff: Welcome lớn Pleasant Hill #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Avengers Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Avengers Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill Omega #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America: Steve Rogers #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America: Steve Rogers #3. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America: Steve Rogers #7. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America: Steve Rogers #11-13. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Captain America: Steve Rogers #15. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Secret Empire #0. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Secret Empire #9. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Punisher vol. 12 #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Marvel Avengers: The Ultimate Character Guide Vol 1 #1 (September 2010)
- ^ Heroic Age: Villains Vol 1 #1 (January 2011)
- ^ "7 Great Villains for 'Black Panther 2'". ComicBook.com. Retrieved 2023-01-03.
- ^ Epps, De'Angelo (2020-12-07). "Marvel: Ranking Black Panther's Rogues Gallery". CBR. Retrieved 2022-10-16.
- ^ Beaty, Drew (2021-05-07). "10 Best Marvel Legacy Villains Who Lived Up To Their Predecessor". Screen Rant. Retrieved 2022-11-07.
- ^ Harn, Darby (2021-09-25). "15 Most Powerful Black Panther Villains". Screen Rant. Retrieved 2022-10-16.
- ^ A-Next #11. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Ultimate Thor #1. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Ultimate Thor #2. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Ultimate Thor #4. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Deadpool MAX #3. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Old Man Hawkeye #6. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Old Man Hawkeye #11. Marvel Comics.
- ^ ""Ultimate Spider-Man" and "Avengers" Renewed on Disney XD with New Titles - CBR". June năm ngoái. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- ^ "Saving Captain Rogers". Avengers: Ultron Revolution. Season 3. Episode 3. March 27, năm 2016. Disney XD.
- ^ "The Thunderbolts". Avengers: Ultron Revolution. Season 3. Episode 5. April 10, năm 2016. Disney XD.
- ^ Lang, Brent (April 13, 2015). "'Captain America: Civil War' First lớn Use New Imax/Arri 2 chiều Camera (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Archived from the original on April 14, 2015. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- ^ Jones, Alice (April 22, 2015). "Daniel Brühl: 'When you have success abroad, you become a traitor. Envy is very German'". The Independent. Archived from the original on April 30, 2015. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr. (May trăng tròn, 2019). "Kari Skogland To Direct 6-Part 'The Falcon And The Winter Soldier' Miniseries With Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Bruhl & Emily Van Camp". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on May 21, 2019. Retrieved May trăng tròn, 2019.
- ^ "LEGO Marvel Avengers first DLC packs get release dates". GameZone. 2016-03-17.
- ^ "Characters". IGN Database. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- ^ "Tier List for Marvel Future Fight". Archived from the original on 2020-07-26. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- ^ "MSF Blog Update 08.07.2020".
- Helmut Zemo at Marvel.com